Key details of Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
- The Level 3 Interpreting Qualification is an online learning course that can be accessed from your own home
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Complete the Level 3 Community Interpreting course within 4 to 6 months
- Assessment and feedback provided by an assigned, qualified Assessor
- You will receive timely and thorough feedback to improve your work should you need to
- Delivered in English, with practical assignments/role plays conducted in ONE chosen foreign language
- Nationally recognised Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification for your chosen language
- Fee of £50 + VAT to be paid for certificate claim
Duration of the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
- You have a maximum of 12 months to complete this Level 3 interpreting qualification
Method of Assessment Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
Assessment activities and written assignments will need to be completed to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the course content. Learners will also be expected to undertake general reading and research during their course.
Learners will submit completed written assignments to their appointed tutor for marking. A unique aspect of this Level 3 Interpreting qualification is the requirement to undertake two role plays in a simulated environment. The role play will appraise consecutive interpreting skills and sight translation skills (to and from English). Learners will need to have access to a computer/laptop, webcam and the internet.
Who is the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting course for?
The Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Interpreters already working in a community interpreter role and now require a Level 3 interpreting qualification
- Experienced interpreters who now require a formal qualification to work on public sector assignments
- Interpreters looking to advance their sight translations skills and widen their range of assignment opportunities
Work Opportunities with the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
The Level 3 interpreting qualification will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Ministry of Justice (standard assignments)
Progression after you have completed the Level 3 Interpreting Qualification
Upon successful completion of Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting, you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
- Level 6 DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting)
- Partial DPSI
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN PURCHASING THIS COURSE ONLINE, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 24 HOURS (via eMail) WITH YOUR USERNAME AND LOG IN DETAILS.