- This Level 7 Diploma in Translation exam can be conducted remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Exams are conducted on a monthly basis
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Partial Units available
Duration of the exam
- 7 hours
Method of Assessment
The Diploma in Translation is exam based only. The total exam consists of three units. All the units are conducted on separate days. The content of the exam will depend on the specialisms that you have chosen when you sign up for the exam. To take the exam you will need access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Who is this exam for?
The Level 7 Diploma in Translation demonstrates your level of competence of working as a translator in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- If you have professional translation experience but do not have an accredited translation qualification to demonstrate your level of competence
The Level 7 Diploma in Translation will enable you to work as a professional translator in a variety of settings (depending on the specialism that you have chosen) such as the following:
- Ministry of Justice (Complex)
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
Certification and Awarding Body
TQUK secure e-certificate
- Machine Translation Post Editing CPD
You will also receive: The Dip Trans Online Preparation Course and the Dip Trans Mock Exam
ONLINE PREPARATION COURSE – CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING STUDY RESOURCES:
- 19 individual units addressing theoretical and practical aspects of translation with detailed examples of each element
- 22 specifically tailored exercises allowing you to put your learning into practice
- An accredited knowledge test and CPD certificate on the Historical Analysis of Translation Theory
- Past exam papers covering Unit 1 (General), Unit 2 (Business) and Unit 3 (Law) of the Diploma in Translation exam
- A test translation taken under exam conditions, which will be assessed by a qualified translator
- Detailed feedback on the translation in written and oral format
This mock exam will enable you to test your skills and obtain constructive feedback, meaning that you can then progress to the Level 7 Diploma in Translation with certainty and confidence.
You will get the opportunity to:
- sit a mock exam under real exam conditions,
- obtain detailed written feedback from a qualified Language Specialist, AND
- have a 30-minute remote conversation with the Language Specialist so you can review the results and obtain development tips