This webinar is designed to help interpreters improve their knowledge on how to become “linguist entrepreneurs”. You want to run your own business. We use the word freelance very often, but in reality, you want to run your own business and that takes a lot of consideration and preparation.
It is important to decide on an objective. What you want to achieve will shape your business.
The webinar will discuss the following points:
- Qualifications: Do we need them? Different pathways.
- Professional bodies
- Legal requirements
- Documents for your business
- Niche or not niche? SWOT analysis. USP.
- Agencies of direct clients?
- Finding work / Marketing. Elevator Pitch (know yourself)
- Websites to look for work.
- Links and resources
- Low Income Tax Reform Group