In this CPD seminar (delivered by experienced social services interpreter Sobrina Soloman) you will develop an understanding of interpreting for CAMHs.
The CPD seminar will cover the following:
- What is CAMHs?
- Who is involved?
- Brief description of different illness and treatments they deal with, (focusing on self-harm, ASD, ADHD, Learning disability)
- Where an interpreter may be required in this service
- The host’s experience of a family therapy session and group therapy sessions for parents focusing on the difficulties faced when working with teenagers
- How interpreters can help in these sessions with their knowledge on culture and religion, tips on how this can be sensitively implemented
- The value of impartiality when working with families
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the protocols of interpreting assignments within CAMHs
- Select and use appropriate sources to prepare for an interpreting assignment within CAMHs
- Understand specialist terminology used in CAMHs
Following the seminar, you will be provided with:
the PowerPoint presentation
an ITOL- accredited CPD certificate