How comfortable are you with terminology and legislation when it comes to Court Processes and Procedures?
Do you ever feel out of your depth in these kinds of assignments?
Have you considered not accepting an assignment as you’re not quite 100% confident?
Are you worried about the consequences of interpreting incorrectly?
There is no need to be worried! ISL have teamed up with INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS to bring you a LIVE CPD event, covering these areas!
The objective of this CPD event is:
- To increase personal, professional and practical knowledge coupled with understanding terminology used in Court assignments
- To understand the terms and procedures used during the such assignments
- To accurately interpret, translate and demonstrate fluent use of terminology
· Short overview of the role of the court in England and Wales
· Difference between processes and procedures explained
· The role of the interpreter in the court
· What happens in court: short explanation of some court proceedings processes and procedures (e.g. types of hearings, legal arguments, jury instructions, etc.)
The content in this CPD event is created and delivered by a Level 6 qualified interpreter with significant experience of working in this setting!
***You can access the Zoom link after registering for the event by signing in to your ISL account and clicking the name of the session on the course portal***
PLUS – take a Knowledge Test and obtain a Certificate of Attendance!