How comfortable are you with terminology and legislation when it comes to the UK Children’s Social Care system?
Do you ever feel out of your depth in a Care Proceedings hearing?
Have you considered not accepting an assignment as you’re not quite 100% confident?
Are you terrified of the consequences of interpreting incorrectly?
There is no need to be worried! ISL have worked hard with INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS to put together brand new, state-of-the-art e-learning JUST FOR YOU!
The objective of this e-learning is:
- To increase personal, professional and practical knowledge coupled with understanding terminology used in the children’s social care system
- To understand the interview terms used during the entire process, from meetings to hearings
- To accurately interpret, translate and demonstrate fluent use of terminology
The content in this e-learning course was created by social services personnel with significant experience of working with interpreters!
- The entry point
- Teams in Children’s Social Work
- Actions of the Local Authority
- Investigation and Assessment under the Children’s Act 1989
- Case study
- Interpreter challenges
PLUS – take a Knowledge Test and obtain an ITOL-accredited CPD certificate!