- This DPSI examination process is conducted remotely via Skype
- Exams slots available every month
- Register with NRPSI
- Undertake partial DPSI units
- Recognised and accepted by the Ministry of Justice
- Equivalent to the Level 6 DCI qualification
- Certification fee of £80 + VAT to be paid for certificate claim
Duration of the qualification:
- 3 hour exam process
Method of Assessment
The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is exam based. The total exam consists of five units. On the first day the learner will undertake a one hour exam for the oral assessments which will cover simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation to and from English. The following day the you will undertake a two hour written exam which will cover written translation to and from English.
You will be tested on a variety of topics in legal, police and immigration contexts. You will need to have access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Results are usually received within 2 calendar months.
Who is this exam for?
The Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting demonstrates your level
of competence of working as an interpreter in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Professional Interpreters requiring an accredited interpreting qualification to
demonstrate their level of expertise
- Interpreters who are required by the Ministry of Justice to have a full DPSI or partial units
The Level 6 will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in public service settings such as the following:
Certification and Awarding Body
TQUK secure e-certificate
Upon successfully passing the DPSI exam you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation
DPSI Online Preparation Course
This is an entirely on-line study resource, that you can access in your own time to help you to prepare for a DPSI examination.
THE PREPARATION COURSE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING STUDY RESOURCES:
DPSI Past Exam Papers x 10
DPSI Role Plays – consecutive and simultaneous
Sight Translation, and Written Translation to help you study
Online study resources to help you understand the legal system in the UK
Police, Prison and Probation, and Legal procedures resources.
Police Webinar on ‘Assault and Battery’ containing a glossary, ebook, and 60 mins of video content