- This DPSI examination process is conducted remotely via Skype
- Exams slots available every month
- Register with NRPSI
- Undertake partial DPSI units
- Recognised and accepted by the Ministry of Justice
- Equivalent to the Level 6 DCI qualification
Duration of the qualification:
- 3 hour exam process
Method of Assessment
The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is exam based. The total exam consists of five units. On the first day the learner will undertake a one hour exam for the oral assessments which will cover simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation to and from English. The following day the you will undertake a two hour written exam which will cover written translation to and from English.
You will be tested on a variety of topics in legal, police and immigration contexts. You will need to have access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Results are usually received within 2 calendar months. We also offer an EXPEDITED RESULTS service option – make sure you ask us about it on 0203 475 7771!
Who is this exam for?
The Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting demonstrates your level
of competence of working as an interpreter in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Professional Interpreters requiring an accredited interpreting qualification to
demonstrate their level of expertise
- Interpreters who are required by the Ministry of Justice to have a full DPSI or partial units
The Level 6 will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in public service settings such as the following:
Upon successfully passing the DPSI exam you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation