Key details of Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
- This DPSI examination process is conducted remotely via Skype
- DPSI Exams slots available every month
- Register with NRPSI
- Undertake partial DPSI units
- The Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is required by the Police, Courts and Home Office
- Level 6 DPSI is equivalent to the Level 6 DCI qualification
- Registration fee of £25 and Certification fee of £135 applicable
Duration of the Level 6 DPSI Exam
- 3-hour exam process
- You have a maximum of 6 months to complete this Level 6 interpreting qualification
Method of Assessment Level 6 DPSI
The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is exam based. The total exam consists of five units. On the first day, the learner will undertake a one-hour exam for the oral assessments which will cover simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation to and from English. The following day you will undertake a two hour written exam which will cover written translation to and from English.
You will be tested on a variety of topics in legal, police and immigration contexts. You will need to have access to a computer/laptop, webcam and the internet.
Results are usually received within 2 calendar months.
Certification and Awarding Body
ICQ (I Can Qualify)
Who is the Level 6 DPSI exam for?
The Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting demonstrates your level of competence in working as an interpreter in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Professional Interpreters requiring an accredited interpreting qualification to demonstrate their level of expertise
- Interpreters who are required by the Ministry of Justice are expected to have a full DPSI or partial units
Work Opportunities with DPSI
Level 6 Interpreting Diploma will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in public service settings such as the following:
Progression with Level 6 Diploma
Upon successfully passing the DPSI exam you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation
Looking for E-learning resources, preparation courses, and glossaries?