Key details of Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting (DCI)
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for online learning, accessible from your own home
- You can complete the Level 6 DCI course within 9-12 months
- Work assessed and feedback provided by an assigned, qualified Assessor and native language specialist
- The Level 6 DCI course is run in English, with practical assignments/role plays conducted in ONE chosen foreign language.
- On successful completion of the Community Interpreting course, you will receive your nationally recognised diploma for your chosen language.
- Upon completion of Level 6 qualifications, you will be able to apply for registration with the National Register for Public Service Interpreters
- Nationally recognised qualification accepted by the Ministry of Justice
- The Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting is an equivalent qualification to the DPSI
- DCI Certification fee of £80 + VAT to be paid for certificate claim
Duration of the Level 6 DCI qualification
- Learners will usually complete the Level 6 Interpreting qualification course in 9-12 months
Method of assessment of Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
Assessment activities and written assignments will need to be completed to demonstrate your level of knowledge and understanding. You will also be expected to undertake general reading and research for your work and cite references to obtain this qualification. Upon completion of your written assignments, you will be required to email your work to your tutor for marking. You will also be required to undertake three to four role plays in a simulated environment, which will be conducted remotely. The role play will consist of consecutive and simultaneous interpreting and sight translation. You will also be required to produce a draft written translation. Therefore, you will need to have access to a computer/laptop, webcam and the internet.
Who is this Level 6 DCI course for?
Experienced Interpreters requiring a qualification to work in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Level 3 qualified interpreters wanting to gain knowledge of interpreting and legal settings
- Interpreters who have completed a Level 4 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification
Work Opportunities with Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
The Level 6 Interpreting qualifications will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Prison and Probation
- Immigration solicitors
- Ministry of Justice (Complex and Complex Written)
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Housing Solicitors
Certification and Awarding Body of ISL Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting (DCI)
TQUK secure e-certificate
Progression from Level 6 DCI
Upon successful completion of your Diploma in Community Interpreting, you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN PURCHASING THIS COURSE ONLINE, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 24 HOURS (via eMail) WITH YOUR USERNAME AND LOG IN DETAILS.
Looking for E-learning resources, preparation courses, and glossaries?
- Our CPD Expert Bundle is only £18.99 + VAT (pcm) and you will have access to all relevant learning materials.