Do you have interpreting experience, but no formal qualification?
Then our new Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting Assessment is your perfect solution!
Key details of Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
- The Level 3 Interpreting Assessment is an online assessment which you sit from the comfort of your own home
- Nationally recognised Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification for your chosen language
- Fee of £25 for registration and £60 for certification applicable.
- This Level 3 assessment is suitable for bilingual/multilingual people who speak English and another language fluently and feel they have enough interpreting experience and/or have completed relevant preparatory training. The online Level 3 assessment is a remote exam-only qualification. It is designed to demonstrate competence as an interpreter. That means it is perfect for those who already have prior experience in interpreting.
- You will have access to a set of online materials to help you prepare independently.
- For those who prefer to have tutor support and a mock test, we offer the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting (with tutor support)
Duration of the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
You have a maximum of 6 months from the date of purchase to sit this Level 3 interpreting assessment.
Method of Assessment Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
Learners will take an online exam consisting of Unit 1 (role play) and Unit 2 (sight translation from English to the target language). Exams are conducted remotely and take place once a month.
Certification and Awarding Body
ICQ (I Can Qualify)
Who is the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting Assessment for?
The Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Interpreters already working in a community interpreter role and now require a Level 3 interpreting qualification
- Experienced interpreters who now require a formal qualification to work on public sector assignments
- Interpreters who feel they are ready to take the exam without the need for additional tutoring
Work Opportunities with the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
The Level 3 interpreting qualification will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Ministry of Justice (standard assignments)
Progression after you have completed the Level 3 Interpreting Qualification
Upon successful completion of Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting, you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
- Level 6 DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting)
- Partial DPSI
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN PURCHASING THIS COURSE ONLINE, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 24 HOURS (via eMail) WITH YOUR USERNAME AND LOG IN DETAILS.